Samsung has announced Galaxy A8 (2016), successor of last year’s Galaxy A8 smartphone in Korea. It has the same 5.7-inch 1080p display has the predecessor, but this is powered by an Octa-Core Exynos 7420 processor instead of Snapdragon 615 SoC on the A8. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 16-megapixel with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has metal unibody design with 7.2mm slim frame and a fingerprint sensor on the home button.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Always-on Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) 64 bit, 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.6×76.8×7.2mm, 182g; Weight: 182 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3300mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) comes in Blue, Grey and Pink colors and is priced at 649,000 won (US$588 / Rs. 39,240) in Korea. It will be available for pre-order from local operator SK Telecom from October 1st.