After years of speculation, the Tesla Model 3 has been unveiled. We’re live in Hawthorne, CA, where the company has just shown the car for the very first time.
Story actively developing; refresh for updates as we hear them. Curiously, they’ve actually said no big cameras (DSLRs, etc) are allowed at this event — though camera phones are apparently okay (hence the camera phone photos.) Better photos will come shortly.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Base model will do 0-60 in under 6, with versions that go much much faster.
- Base will be at least 215 miles per charge, and Elon said that “these are minimum numbers, we hope to exceed them”.
- All model 3s will have autopilot hardware.
- Like the model S, it will have front and rear trunks.
- All Model 3s will come with supercharging standard.
- The roof area is “one continuous pane of glass”.
- Deliveries will begin at the end of next year, and start at $35,000.
- In addition to these Model 3 details, Elon committed Tesla to doubling the number of public superchargers from 3600 to 7200.