Asus has announced ZenPad 3 8.0 (Z581KL) its latest Android tablet in the ZenPad series. It packs a 7.9-inch QXGA screen, is powered by an Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 SoC and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ZenUI on top. It is similar to the ZenPad Z8(ZT581KL) that was introduced for Verizon, but this comes in 4GB RAM with 32GB storage variant as well, in addition to 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant.
It has a 7.57mm slim brushed metallic frame and leather-like finish on the back.
Asus ZenPad 3 8.0 (Z581KL) specifications
- 7.9-inch (2048×1536 pixels) IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 (4x 1.4GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB/32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ZenUI 3.0
- 8MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual-front facing stereo speakers, DTS-HD audio, 7.1-channel
- Dimensions: 136.4 x 205.4 x 7.57 mm; Weight: 320g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4680 mAh battery
The Asus ZenPad 3 8.0 comes in Black color. There is also a separate Zen Clutch protective case that doubles up as a stand and includes convenient slots for storing ID and credit cards. No word on the pricing of roll out details yet.