A few days back, OnePlus rolled out a fresh beta build for them upcoming software update — Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus 3smartphone in the form of community build.
The latest build of Nougat for OnePlus 3 is dubbed as ‘OxygenOS Open Beta 9’, and it comes with a range of improvements including Added Expanded Screenshots, Shelf Design Optimizations, General UI Optimizations and much more.
If you have signed up for the beta program previously on your OnePlus 3, this Nougat beta built will be sent to you as an OTA update. It’s worth mentioning here that, once you’re in beta, you will not receive the official software update from the company. You need to flash back to the official builds to continue receiving official OTA’s.
If you can wait, OnePlus has promised to release stable Android Nougat update for both the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones by the end of this month, which is next week.
So, today, we will guide you on how to install the OnePlus Oxygen OS Open Beta 9 on your OnePlus 3.
P.S – Before installing, make sure you backup your personal data and files, as it will do a factory reset during the process.
If you are on a Mac you need to
- Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your Desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Type cd Desktop/Android
- Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
- Step 1: Switch off your phone
- Step 2: Reboot your smartphone into recovery mode by holding power and volume down simultaneously.
- Step 3: Once you enter the recovery mode, choose your language to ‘English’
- Step 4: Choose ‘Install from ADB’ option and tap ok
- Step 5: Once your phone enter the ‘Sideload mode’, connect the device to your laptop.
- Step 6: Go to the folder, where you’ve saved the Beta Build
- Step 7: Hold ‘Shift’ and right click on your mouse and select ‘open command window here’ to open a command prompt.
- Step 8: Check whether your device is detected in ADB (type ADB devices)
- Step 9: Now run the following command
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “./adb sideload <filename>”
- Step 10: Once everything is done, reboot the device and enjoy.
Warning disclaimer: COLABYTE is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to your OnePlus 3