Indian Railways has launched new IRCTC Rail Connect app that will replace the previous IRCTC app that was launched back in 2014. Indian Railways E-ticketing System caters to over 10 lakhs passengers daily (comprising 58% of total reserved passengers), said Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu launching the app.
Previous IRCTC app doesn’t allow booking between 8am to 12:00 noon, Ticket booking views were not synchronised with website bookings, features like current booking and boarding point change were missing, it had slow response time and Low security levels.
The new app will overcome these factor, increase the ease to users in booking and has been developed to bring the power of next generation e-ticketing system with enhanced security. The IRCTC Rail Connect will also be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR, Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
Highlights of IRCTC Rail Connect
- 24/7 service with no time based checks.
- Synchronisation of mobile app with NGET for ticket booking.
- Simple and easy User Interface
- Supports General, Ladies, Tatkal & Premium-Tatkal quota booking.
- Facility of Cancellation and Filing of TDR for tickets booked through website, Current Booking, Boarding Point change, PNR Enquiry, Tatkal booking provided in a controlled manner
- Advanced security features of self-assigned PIN to login without entering username and password on each login.
- New User registration and activation from App directly.
- Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
- Users can view and cancel old mobile app tickets also.
- Provides Payment Gateway linked to more than 40 banks to facilitate payments through net banking, Credit cards, Debit Cards and wallets of PayTM, PayU, Mobikwik and IRCTC. (More wallets like SBI Buddy etc. will be integrated soon)