KYOCERA in partnership with Japanese operator KDDI has introduced rafre, which is its second generation of its washable smartphone. The successor of DIGNO rafre that was introduced back in 2015 as the world’s first hand-soap-washable smartphone has resistance against foaming body soap in addition to foaming hand soap. Like its predecessor, the new rafre features resistance to hot water and a touchscreen that be can be used even when the user’s hands are wet or when wearing gloves. It is also It is designed to meet MIL-STD-810G military specifications.
It also comes with a cooking app, which allows users to scroll through recipes, set timers and answer calls through hand gestures without having to touch the display. It has 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE support. Check out the complete specifications below.
KYOCERA rafre KYV40 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT LCD display with Dragontrail X protection
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Shockproof (MIL-STD-810G), Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and Dustproof (IP5X)
- Dimensions: 71 × 142 × 10.4mm ; Weight: 158g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3,000mAh battery
The KYOCERA rafre comes in Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue colors and will be available from March 2017 in Japan and is available for order from KDDI for 43,200 yen (US$ 376 / Rs. 25,660 approx.).