Moto Z3 Play first surfaced in render back in January revealing 6-inch 18:9 screen, smart camera and support for MotoMods and the cases for the surfaced recently. Now the smartphone has passed through the FCC with the model number XT1929 that reveals that it will come with a 6.1-inch display, which will likely be Full HD+. It also confirms Snapdragon 636 SoC, 4GB RAM with 32GB or 64GB storage variants. It will come in single SIM and dual SIM variants depending on the region.
It also reveals the dimensions as 156.23 x 76.7 mm and support for (5V-3A / 9V-1.6A / 12V-1.2A) Turbo Charging. No details about the battery capacity, but it could be larger than 3000mAh. It is not expected to come with a 3.5mm audio jack.
Moto Z3 Play rumored specifications
- 6.1-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, secondary 8MP rear camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.23 x 76.7mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Turbo charging
The Moto Z3, Moto Z3 and the Moto G6 series of smartphones are expected to be announced in early Q3 2018, which is sometime in April.