Motorola just announced the Moto Z3 Play, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Moto Z series with support for Moto Mods, as expected. It has a 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, is powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC with 4GB of RAM, has 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for depth-sensing AI photo features, including Cinemagraphs and support for Google Lens.
It has Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the front and back and lightweight, aircraft-grade 6000 series aluminum frame. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for the first time. It has gesture-based One Button Nav bar at the bottom, even though it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor below the screen. The phone supports Moto Display, Moto Actions and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for Turbo charging.
Moto Z3 Play specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, secondary 5MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- Splash-resistant (p2i)
- Front port loud speaker, 4 far-field mic system, USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.7mm; Weight: 156g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Turbocharging
The Moto Z3 Play comes in Deep Indigo color, is priced at R$ 2,299 (US$ 601 / Rs. 40,157 approx.) and will roll out globally starting this month in Brazil. It will be available this summer in the U.S. at Sprint and U.S. Cellular as well as unlocked. It will be bundled with a battery moto mod for $499 (Rs. 33,335 approx.). It will also be available at the same time in Canada at Videotron, Bell Mobility, Virgin Mobile, MTS, and SaskTel.