Razer today announced the most expected Razer Phone at an event in London, months after it acquired Nexbit. The phone packs a 5.72-inch Quad HD 120 Hz UltraMotion display delivering fastest refresh rates and smooth graphics suitable for gaming. UltraMotion’s adaptive refresh technology synchronizes the GPU and display to remove image tearing or lag while driving efficient power usage, says Razer.
It is powered by Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with 8GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), which will be upgraded to Android Oreo in spring 2018. It has dual 12-megapixel cameras with, one with wide-angle (f/1.75 aperture) and the other with telephoto lens (f/2.6 aperture) for 2x zoom.
The company has partnered with Tencent, Square Enix and others to bring top games that take full advantage of the phone, optimized for its 120fps screen.
It has stereo front-facing speakers and Dolby Atmos. It doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio jack, but comes with THX-certified USB-C audio adapter with a 24-bit DAC. It has a 8mm slim aluminum body and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+.
Razer Phone specifications
- 5.72-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IGZO LCD UltraMotion display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android Oreo
- 12MP camera with f/1.75 wide-angle lens and 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 zoom lens, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Stereo front-facing speakers, Dual amplifiers, Audio adapter with THX-certified DAC
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 77.7 x 8 mm; Weight: 197g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The Razer Phone is priced at US$699.99 (Rs. 45,160 approx.) / €749.99 (Rs. 56,350 approx.) / £699.99 (Rs. 59,940 approx.) and will go on sale in North America and Europe from November 17th with pre-orders starting today. It is also offering 1,337 units of Razer Phone Special Edition with Razer’s iconic green triple-headed snake logo compared to chrome triple-headed snake logo.