Vivo launched V7+ selfie-focused smartphone in India back in September. Now it has introduced Y79 smartphone with similar specifications. It has a 5.99-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio, narrow bezels and 84.4% screen-to-body ratio, 24-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash and 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash, similar to the V7+, but this is powered by Snapdragon 625 instead of Snapdragon 450.
Vivo V79 specifications
- 5.99-inch (1440 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS 3.2 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, OmniVision OV16880 sensor, PDAF
- 24MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.87 × 75.7 × 7.7mm; Weight: 160g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3225mAh built-in battery
The Vivo V79 comes in Rose Gold, Champagne Gold and Matte Black colors, is priced at 2498 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 24470) and is available in China.